For the last four weeks I have stayed exactly the same weight which is incredibly frustrating. I know it’s likely my own fault; I haven’s been working out enough, I’ve had one too many treats but overall I am still a whole lot healthier than I was at the start of this challenge and it’s annoying to say the least.
With Christmas coming up I just know it’s going to get harder with all of the parties and family gatherings happening but it’s important to remember that the magic of Christmas is about the people not the food. Even if it is all so incredibly delicious. Here are a few tips I’ll be hoping to remember that will help me stay on plan over the upcoming weeks!
- Try to follow the 80/20 rule – make your naughty indulgences the exception not the rule and try to stay on plan at least 80% of the time
- Don’t arrive on an empty stomach – if you’re going to a party where there’s likely to be a buffet or canapes try to eat something before you arrive and you’ll be a lot less likely to give in
- Choose foods wisely – if you can’t eat before hand choose what you’re going to eat wisely. If possible look at the menu and make your choices in advance to remove the temptation to choose something that little bit naughtier!
- Eat slowly and mindfully – take your time to chew and really taste and enjoy what it is that you are eating. It’s a well-known fact that the slower you eat the easier it is to recognise that you are full and to stop eating when you’ve had enough
- Get active – If you know you’re not going to be eating as well as you should be, try to counteract that by adding in a bit of extra exercise – even a lunchtime walk or an extra 10 minutes in the gym will help you burn some of those excess calories