1. Use CityMapper to find your way – and make sure you have international data enabled on your phone before you go!
2. Walk or take the Metro rather than using cabs – the major tourist hotspots are almost all within walking distance of each other or just a stop or two on the underground.
3. Knowing at least a little French helps – in particular when it comes to reading the menus in restaurants.
4. Enjoy the love lock bridges – but don’t add you’re own. The weight of the current ones is causing damage to the bridges, any more and they could collapse
5. Free entry to most museums on the 1st Sunday of the month – if museums are your thing this can save you a bunch of money. Otherwise look at investing in a Museum Pass.
6. Be aware of the tourist scams – particularly around tourist areas.
Do you have any tips to add for first time visitors?