The lovely Rachel over at A wee bit of… posted this tag and I figured I’d take part since I probably won’t be able to fit much traveling into my budget this year 🙁
1) Your most treasured passport stamp?
The stamp from when I visited New York in 2012 prior to going to DragonCon. Probably my second favourite city in the world after London. Although the Egyptian one above is definitely the prettiest!
2) Can you recite your passport number from memory if asked?
3) Preferred method of travel; planes, trains or automobiles?
Planes because they can get you further faster. Automobiles are good if someone else is doing the driving (I can drive I just don’t like to) and trains are better for short distances.
4) Top 3 travel items?
Camera of course to snap those perfect memories, sunscreen as being so pale I burn with even the slightest amount of sun exposure and maps or a guidebook to find your way around a new location.
5) Hostel or hotel?
Hotel. Every time. As I’m sure you would have gathered from my Heavenly Hotels blog feature!
6) Are you a repeat visitor or do you explore new places?
A bit of both as there are some places I’ve fallen in love with (New York and Wales specifically) but I think given the choice I’d choose to explore somewhere new.
7) Do you read up on your destination (culture, history, safety) or do you wing it?
I probably spend more time investigation/planning my trips that I do in the place I’m actually visiting. When you only have a limit time somewhere you need to be prepared so that you can make the most of it.
8) Favourite travel website?
Secret Escapes. I love to torture myself with the amazing hotels and trips they have to offer even if the prices are still well out of my price range once discounted!
9) Where would you recommend a friend to visit? Name a city and why.
London! Is that not an option now because I live here? Otherwise New York, both for the same reason. There is an unlimited number of things to see and do in cities like these from the most iconic tourist traps to the more niche events.
10) You’re leaving tomorrow, money is no option, where are you going?
America for a West coast road trip from Seattle to San Diego via Salem, San Francisco, Yosemite National Park and Los Angeles with someone else doing the driving!